Critical volunteer needs always include:
- OFFICE/CLERICAL: reception, greeting clients, data entry
- CLOTHING BANK: donation intake, sorting, greeting clients, weighing clothes, check out
- FOOD BANK: stocking shelves, sorting, weighing, re-bagging/packaging items, various housekeeping duties
- • Wednesday distribution — two shifts available: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:15 to 4:15 p.m.
- • Thursday distribution — one shift available: 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- • Drivers for pick-up (must have truck, van or SUV) – pick up “rescue” food at area grocery stores
- EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE or PROTECTIVE PAYEE: clerical duties, database entry, intake services, outreach to other non-profit agencies, connect with utility companies, pharmacists and landlords
- SPECIAL PROJECTS: seasonal and event-related
- • July: Annual Golf Scramble Fundraiser (stuffing envelopes, registration, set-up, hole coverage, etc.)
- • July and August: Annual Smart Start School Supply Program (sort school supplies, stuff back-packs, distribution, etc.)
- • October and November: KXLY Coats 4 Kids Drive (sort coats, hang, distribution, etc.)
- • November: Annual Ladies Nite Out Fundraiser (stuffing envelopes, registration, set-up, silent auction support, etc.)
- • November: Thanksgiving Food Baskets (sorting, assembling baskets, distribution, etc.)
- • December: Christmas Food Baskets (sorting, assembling baskets, distribution, etc.)
- • December: Tree of Sharing (as needed)
- PROPERTY MAINTENANCE/OTHER SERVICES: on as-needed basis, see below
To get started, please fill out the Volunteer Application and return to Spokane Valley Partners.